If only your machines could talk
They could tell you it was time for maintenance, or that you need to scramble your field service A-Team for a preemptive repair because failure was imminent. You’d be the hero of the story… if only your machines could talk.
Do your machines operate off-the-grid, cut off from the connected world, keeping operating and analytical data trapped inside your machines? The kind of critical information that could give you a competitive advantage.
But how do you get this data into the cloud without a complete product redesign and a team of network engineers and software programmers?
Think about your equipment scattered in the field. We’re talking:
- Commercial kitchen appliances like fryers, slushy makers and espresso machines
- Industrial equipment like motors, pumps, lifting equipment and machine tools
- Medical and healthcare equipment like EKG machines, autoclaves and patient monitors
Now ponder this: There is a new way to get operational and analytical data from commercial appliances and devices of all kinds by simply plugging it into a special AC power cord.
Introducing the Smart Power Cord
Smart Power Cord is a new, all-in-one secure, plug & play Industrial IoT (IIoT) solution that’s ready to go, complete with a cloud-based application where you monitor and control an unlimited number of remote devices. Retrofit any machine with this turnkey device. It takes only five minutes to provision and it’s easy to use, requiring little training or special skills. And at $129.95, the price can’t be beat, especially when you add in the expense and time of finding, hiring, and retaining a development team.
Consider the possibilities
All this and more, with no lost time or money wasted on in-house development
With Smart Power Cord, you gain:
Consider the possibilities
If you’re just getting your feet wet with Industrial IoT, the Smart Cord is your on-ramp to the cloud. Before you invest in your own in-house development, use the Smart Cord as a cost-effective option to demonstrate the functionality of your cloud-enabled machine or appliance to your customers. Put it into service to verify what can be achieved while capturing real customer data. Get the proof you need.
Let’s say you’re beta testing a new frozen beverage machine, like the Spaceman 6455H dual flavor countertop frozen beverage machine. Use the Smart Power Cable to get real-time data to learn about:
- How many milkshakes are made?
- Which size is the most popular?
- How often is the unit cleaned?
- How often the low mix indicator light and alarm triggered?
- Uptime vs. downtime.
- Determine the best predictive maintenance schedule based on usage.
All without sending a field service technician or product manager to gather the data.
Custom versions for OEMs
Your needs may require a growth path that requires custom hardware development — an important strength of ours. Consider just a few of the companies who have partnered with us.
Our experienced team of networking, connectivity, industrial automation/PLC, chip development and software development experts are ready to assist you
What are you waiting for?
Smart Power Cord is a new remote monitoring solution, so we’re looking for equipment manufacturers and users with the right circumstances to gain the advantages we have to offer.
Smart Power Cord Remote Monitoring System Specifications — Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
|Input / Output Current||Up to 20A|
|Temperature Rating||0 to 45°C Button, -40 to +85°C Electronics|
|Humidity||0 to 90% non-condensing|
|Power Consumption||1.5 watts|
L x W x H
Body only: 127.71 mm x 42.90 mm x 16.23 mm
Body only: 5.028” x 1.689” x 0.639”
Connectors and Cord
Each end (plug, connector) of the cord can be customized per requirements.
Cord is 3 conductor 12 AWG wire.
There are 3 standard models:
- 15/20 AMP 6 foot 120 VAC extension cord
- 15/20 AMP 6 foot 120 VAC computer cord
- 15/20 AMP 6 foot 120 VAC 3 bare wire cord
- Manual on/off control
- Also used for configuration
- Button can be locked out
- Network Status
Internal Power Supply
Built-in with World-wide approvals
- Wi-Fi (802.11bg)
- BLE (optional: as a secondary wireless channel)
- 4G M1 Cellular (2021 planned)
- UL, cUL, FCC, IC, CE, RoHS
- UL Certification UL60730-1 Part 1
- Cloud-based machine monitoring and management
- Webpage interface to Data
- Easy connection to Internet Soft AP
- Over the Air Updates (OTA)
Encryption using Microchip ATECC608A
- Cryptographic coprocessor with secure hardware-based key storage
32 bit processor
- Main processor with integrated Wi-Fi, BLE
- Soft AP and client station Wi-Fi
High precision power monitoring
- Voltage, Current measurement within 1%
Local storage of total runtime usage
- Flash storage for local configuration
Cord lengths can be custom
- Standard cord length is 6 feet (custom length available)
- 120 VAC plugs, 15/20 Amp
- 240 VAC plugs, 15/20 Amp
- IEC, NEMA standards
- Different cords and wire gauges are available